Senior DevOps Engineer
If digital transformation, next-generation technology, and growth opportunities excite you, then join our Netcracker Technology team! Our culture and collaborative work environment are the keys to our success. Here you will work with the best in class global teams, earn a competitive salary and contribute to the largest digital transformations around the world.
What’s in it for you?
At Netcracker, we are all entrepreneurs. This means we get creative when thinking of technical solutions, we explore possibilities and innovations and get excited about new technology. We take complete ownership of our roles and aren’t micromanaged or left feeling like just another number. The results we achieve are highly visible to our leadership team and we are recognized for our work and promoted accordingly.
What’s the scope of this role?
You will use your entrepreneurial work ethic and competitive sales personality to identify areas where Netcracker’s technical solutions bring value to our top customers.
As a Sr DevOps Engineer with Netcracker you will participate in the design and automation activities for cloud Environments. This position will be part of our global IT team based in Sao Paulo or Mexico City.
- Design, development, integration, deployment, automation and support of environments and services in Public clouds: AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle;
- Participation in technical solutions development according to business requirements;
- Implementation and support of IT projects;
- Automation deployment, integration and delivery in Public clouds (Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc.);
- Installation and support third-party services (Kubernetes, Consul, Etcd, Packer, Kafka, Terraform, etc);
- Communication with projects teams;
- Optimization of the infrastructure;
- Documentation of the topologies and the changes;
- Taking part in client`s/external projects;
- Knowledge of cloud Compute, Storage, Networking, Management Tools, Security & Identity in Public Clouds (AWS, Google cloud, Azure, Oracle Cloud at least one);
- Advanced level of *nix operating systems;
- Background in building of a large infrastructure supporting a high volume of transactions in a mission critical environment;
- Strong knowledge of containerization (Docker, Kubernetes);
- CI/CD Software (Jenkins/GitLab CI);
- Ability to identify bottlenecks and issue troubleshooting in Linux (CPU/RAM/OS parameters/Network/Disk etc.);
- Configuration Management Tools (Ansible, Puppet, Saltstack, etc);
- Infrastructure as a code tools (Terraform, Public Cloud Services, etc.);
- Knowledge of Bash and Python scripting;
- Basic understanding of layer 2/layer 3 networking;
Will be of advantage:
- SCM Ansible;
- Knowledge of Cloud/Virtualization Technologies: KVM, OpenStack, ESXi;
- Experience in DB PostgreSQL/Oracle;
- Experience in HashiCorp products;
- Experience with monitoring systems;
- Experience in project management software and wiki systems (Jira, Confluence, etc.);
- Thorough understanding of networking;
- A self-developed examples of documents: presentations, description of the solution architecture, technical tasks, other technical/project/operational documents;
- Bachelor’s degree required (BS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience).
Who is Netcracker Technology?
We are a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization, and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.