Senior IT Engineer (Monitoring)
If digital transformation, next-generation technology, and growth opportunities excite you, then join our Netcracker Technology team! Our culture and collaborative work environment are the keys to our success. Here you will work with the best in class global teams, earn a competitive salary and contribute to the largest digital transformations around the world.
What’s in it for you?
At Netcracker, we are all entrepreneurs. This means we get creative when thinking of technical solutions, we explore possibilities and innovations and get excited about new technology. We take complete ownership of our roles and aren’t micromanaged or left feeling like just another number. The results we achieve are highly visible to our leadership team and we are recognized for our work and promoted accordingly.
What’s the scope of this role?
You will use your entrepreneurial work ethic and competitive sales personality to identify areas where Netcracker’s technical solutions bring value to our top customers.
This Senior IT Engineer has responsibility for the creation and improvement of Monitoring Service processes and procedures for infrastructure, system software and application monitoring of production systems and infrastructures supported by Netcracker IT team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with team on full stack ownership of a collection of services and/or technology areas used for monitoring.
- Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of production services.
- Install, configure and maintain various monitoring software
- Manage high loaded monitoring systems, keep them highly available and scalable
- Troubleshoot OS and software issues
- Develop new checks/scripts to customize applications/devices monitoring
- Automate routine tasks using Ansible/Scripting
Experience & Requirements:
- Practical experience with Linux systems administration.
- Familiarity with Operating systems such as RHEL, CentOS, OEL and Ubuntu
- Experience with troubleshooting issues in Linux, network (TCP/IP), and code.
- Experience in writing scripts in Python, Go or Bash and using regular expressions.
- Experience with enterprise monitoring systems (Nagios, Icinga, Prometheus, Grafana, Graphite etc.)
- Experience in monitoring network devices using SNMP protocol.
- Experience in version management tools like Git/SVN
- Experience with load balancers like Nginx
- Experience in log management (Aggregation and visualization tools like Graylog, ELK stack etc.)
- Experience in configuration management tools like Ansible, Puppet or Chef.
- Experience with automation pipelines like Gitlab or Jenkins is a plus.
- Experience in the graphical representation of time-series data using Grafana, creating dashboards and working with different data sources.
- Knowledge about REST APIs, Calling APIs, parsing the response in various formats like XMLs and JSON.
- Experience in project management tools like JIRA is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment ..
- Knowledge of most of these: Data structures, relational and non-relational databases, networking, Linux internals, filesystems, web architecture, and related topics.
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed co-workers is a plus.
- Fluent Spoken English is a must
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
Who is Netcracker Technology?
We are a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization, and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.