Fault & Performance Management
NetCracker’s Fault & Performance Management provides Communications Service Providers (CSPs) with a consolidated network performance reporting mechanism as well as comprehensive integration and analytical capabilities and ensures risk mitigation, facilitated root cause analysis, and end-to-end centralized performance management of multi-service, multi-vendor networks.
Fault & Performance Management pre-integrates with other components of the NetCracker Network Management solution, as well as with Service Quality Management and Service Problem Management. It provides strong mathematical analysis and forecasting capabilities, which allows pre-emptive measures to be taken if network capacity thresholds are violated and performance degradation is detected. At the same time, it enables centralized and automated data processing as well as streamlined calculation of network metrics and alarm correlation.
Fault & Performance Management includes the following modules:
- Monitoring & Mediation: enables the collection of fault and performance data from multiple networks and sources as well as the transformation of disparate external data into a single, unified format. It supports multiple northbound and southbound interfaces for facilitated, synchronized, and centralized information gathering.
- Analysis & Control: enables tracking and management of different types of network entities, including configuration changes, network alarms, and cases of network degradation. It also allows rule-based scheduling of network data monitoring activities and provides a unified view of the fault and performance data after it has been collected, transformed, and mediated.
- Reporting Engine: provides user-friendly representations of network fault and performance data and creates ad hoc reports on network statistics. It contains out-of-the-box templates and also allows custom configuration of network performance and malfunction reports to enable a better, requirements-based view of the network.
Key benefits include:
- Ensured quality and availability of service through preemptive network degradation management
- Workforce and OpEx optimization through centralized data monitoring, mediation, and analysis
- Churn reduction and cost minimization through proactive detection and management of SLA violations
- CapEx optimization through network utilization assessment and network capacity optimization