Product Lifecycle Management
NetCracker’s Product Lifecycle Management enables Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to collaboratively develop a comprehensive roadmap of product creations, modifications, and upgrades, and execute timely product retirements and/or replacements. Product Lifecycle Management pre-integrates with Product Information Management to allow CSPs to analyze current product functionality, improve product quality, optimize product capabilities, and provide the ability to quickly identify potential sales opportunities and revenue contributions.
Product Lifecycle Management is a centralized product catalog and product lifecycle management system that provides centralized, real-time, product data management. Product Lifecycle Management is a purpose-built and standards-based system focused on enabling service providers to construct, manage, and deploy a layered product catalog that includes the full technical and commercial definition of products.
Product Lifecycle Management offers significant improvements to the processes used when customers want to change their service or move to a different offer. This helps businesses cater to the changes that are common with customers in all segments of the market. Product Lifecycle Management also makes it easier for service providers to bundle product offers and create cross-domain bundles. Bundling services in this improved manner equips providers to use all kinds of marketing campaigns to differentiate their services and gain competitive advantage.
Product Lifecycle Management includes the following modules:
- Product Targeting: provides capabilities for initial product strategy planning, formulation of competitive differentiation, definition of target audience and geographies for new products, and product positioning depending on market and sales objectives (e.g. for mass market, business, or government customers)
- Product Lifecycle Support: enables end-to-end product lifecycle management, from marketing concept development and product configuration, to product testing, test launch, and subsequent mass production. It also fully supports product versioning, upgrades, grandfathering, and retirement.
- Product Monitoring: provides comprehensive tools for tracking and analysis of product development status (and, if necessary, multi-group notifications and escalations), as well as monitoring and analysis of product performance and profitability
- Bundled Product Offerings: provides the ability to more easily bundle offerings together instead of defining a completely new offer
- Cross-sell and Promotional Rules for Reconfigurations and Transitions
- Persistent Transition Pricing
- Customized Commercial Entities
- Attributes on Discounts: enables product data to be defined as attributes, which can be synchronized to a billing system to create discount offerings for specific products
- Export Utility Usability Improvements: adds the ability to use the Product Offering name when exporting data and not the ID providing a faster and simpler approach
- Support for Oracle RAC
Key benefits include:
- Shortened time-to-market for new convergent offers
- Ability to increase customer value and rapidly deliver competitive offerings
- Ability to cost effectively implement product strategies
- Optimized time and effort for product development through collaborative product lifecycle management
- Ensured competitive readiness by addressing rapid market (landscape) and customer (lifestyle) changes
- Effectively manage products across all network and service domains
- Multiple payment methods
- Improved quality and reduced costs associated with managing a complex product portfolio