NetCracker’s Active Mediation enables Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to collect, transform, and correlate billing events in multi-service, multi-network environments, while providing flexibility and configurability for real-time, customer-centric billing data mediation.
The high scalability of Active Mediation allows millions of events to be processed and aggregated into a single source every day, thus avoiding the complexity of multi-host environments and eliminating the need for several separate mediation platforms.
Active Mediation supports all vendor-specific protocols, including Diameter, FTAM, FTP, GTP, Netflow, Radius, SFTP, SNMP, TCP/IP, etc.
Active Mediation is an integral part of the NetCracker Billing Solution that also comprises Online Rating & Charging and Customer Billing Management.
Active Mediation includes the following modules:
- Event Collection: allows CSPs to extract, collect, and decode event information from multiple networks and sources. It enables seamless integration with third-party mediation platforms and allows the collection process to be streamlined to best meet specific requirements (e.g. periodic, real-time, on-request, etc.).
- Data Transformation: enables CSPs to turn heterogeneous event data, collected from multiple sources, into valuable events and a single format. It allows CSPs to custom configure data transformation and track the transformation process via user-friendly visualization tools.
- Correlation Engine: helps to determine the relationships between different events and their measurable constituents and provides business rules for grouping events into meaningful entities that can further be rated and charged for
Key benefits include:
- Converged calculation of billing events for any services, vendors, and business lines
- Detailed service representation for improved revenues and personalized customer experience
- High configurability for event collection and transformation on an as-needed (versus as-designed) basis
- High scalability for facilitated event processing in multi-service and multi-network environments
- High flexibility for reduced time-to-market and time-to-cash