NetCracker’s Active Mediation enables Communications Service Providers (CSPs) to collect, transform, and correlate billing events in multi-service, multi-network environments, while providing flexibility and configurability for real-time, customer-centric billing data mediation.
Active Mediation’s high scalability allows millions of events to be processed and aggregated into a single source every day, thereby avoiding the complexity of multi-host environments and eliminating the need for multiple mediation platforms.
Active Mediation supports all vendor-specific protocols, including Diameter, FTAM, FTP, GTP, Netflow, Radius, SFTP, SNMP, and TCP/IP.
Active Mediation is an integral part of the NetCracker Billing Solution that also includes Online Rating & Charging and Customer Billing Management.
Active Mediation includes the following components:
- Data Collection: allows CSPs to extract, collect, and decode event information from multiple networks and sources. It enables seamless integration with third-party mediation platforms and allows the collection process to be streamlined to best meet specific requirements (e.g., periodic, real-time, on-request, etc.).
- Data Processing: enables CSPs to turn heterogeneous event data, collected from multiple sources, into valuable events and a single format. It allows CSPs to custom configure data transformation and track the transformation process via user-friendly visualization tools.
- Data Transformation: helps CSPs determine the relationships between different events and their measurable constituents and provides business rules for grouping events into meaningful entities that can further be rated and charged for.
Key benefits include:
- Converged calculation of billing events for any services, vendors, and business lines
- Detailed service representation for improved revenues and personalized customer experience
- High configurability for event collection and transformation on an as-needed (versus as-designed) basis
- High scalability for facilitated event processing in multi-service and multi-network environments
- High flexibility for reduced time-to-market and time-to-cash