As machine-to-machine (M2M) solutions gain momentum across a variety of verticals, Communications Service Providers (CSPs) are being offered a great opportunity to play a cornerstone role in these complex ecosystems, providing the necessary telecom link — from basic connectivity to end-to-end BSS/OSS functionality.
M2M is a complex and volume-driven business, and operators need a separate business model to exploit this area. To monetize data transmitted over any M2M communications network, enterprises need a comprehensive, agile BSS/OSS solution that allows for the processing and management of a multitude of simple bulk operations. For this reason, telecom is becoming increasingly relevant in the overall M2M supply chain.
The NetCracker Machine-to-Machine solution ensures cost-efficient service delivery on top of interconnected devices and provides the following key capabilities:
- Bulk service provisioning
- Device configuration and activation
- Middleware configuration management
- Transaction management, including UDR (usage detail record) mediation and rating and charging
- Device maintenance, including troubleshooting as well as security and fraud management
- Business analytics, including as-scheduled and on-demand reporting and analysis
- Customer care portal management
- Enablement of service continuity
- Centralized storage of information accessible from multiple locations including gateways and self-service portals
- Affordable scalability to meet the huge volumes involved in an ultra-low ARPU model
- Support an automated, low cost model
- Enablement of flexible charging and settlement across complex value chains
The infrastructure needs to support automatic fault recognition and reporting, policy management, a user-friendly interface, and a configurable billing and settlement engine that can handle negotiated pricing and flexible charging models.
NetCracker, together with NEC, brings a unique perspective to address exciting new opportunities in all industries looking to leverage the power of ubiquitous connectivity, real-time transactions, and compelling customer experience. Leveraging NEC’s strengths in network and IT along with NetCracker’s deep expertise in the management and monetization of infrastructure, services, and applications, our solutions bring together the best of software, services, and platforms to create the most comprehensive, end-to-end portfolio in the industry.