As telecom mass market offerings evolve, high-speed access with reliable QoS is essential. The ability to provide high-speed residential access is the main requirement for bundled, media-rich, and content-driven services.
Over the past 15 years there has been an unprecedented deployment of infrastructure. At the same time, technical advances have made possible the expanded use of legacy infrastructure, newly built networks such as FTTx and WiMAX, and hybrid architectures such as HFC. In addition, there has been a market-wide transition to service bundling. Both the technical and the service advances require truly convergent, end-to-end fulfillment and assurance processes that are only made possible through major OSS transformations.
NetCracker's Residential Access solution allows Communications Service Providers to manage business process transformation challenges in the following areas:
- Service Fulfillment
- Template libraries speed the incorporation of new infrastructure types throughout the service delivery lifecycle.
- Abstractions support the deployment of new access technologies without the need for major OSS redesigns.
- Service Assurance
- Assurance processes and service quality management are consolidated.
- Business Architecture
- Product and Service Catalogs and standardized business processes expedite the deployment of partner-oriented retail and wholesale solutions.
- Infrastructure & Service Lifecycle Management
- Trend analysis capabilities provide comprehensive resource usage information to support access infrastructure planning and deployment.