Today's large government agencies are building complex communications infrastructures that encompass older TDM infrastructures, IP networks, wireless access, software platforms, and application environments. In addition, on-demand connectivity and real-time service availability are required — and this demands advanced service management capabilities. The government focus on standardization, security, and the need to handle very large data volumes also brings a new set of challenges.
With NetCracker’s award-winning products and solutions, government agencies can operationalize their strategic infrastructure quickly, deploy new services and applications rapidly and reliably, and gain better insights into the relationship between infrastructure and services. Successful service management for governments also requires an understanding of the existing and rapidly emerging standards for technology, data, and processes that focus on the network (eTOM, SID, TAM, TNM) and IT (ITIL, CMDB, CIM, SOA) domains.
NetCracker manages complex government infrastructure through its:
- Single database of record for all network and IT asset information
- Tools to manage asset procurement, deployment, and retirement
- Pre-defined workflows for service provisioning and problem management
- Network, data center, and workspace design templates that ensure standardization across infrastructures
- Employee self-provisioning capabilities
- Efficient departmental chargebacks
- Sophisticated reporting that tracks utilization and costs
- Powerful security and data system that protects access to information
- Standards-based information models and processes
NetCracker has helped government agencies reduce their operational costs, streamline infrastructure management, speed network design, and automate service provisioning. Through the use of a single platform for asset management, NetCracker has merged the power of network and IT.