Netcracker Technology – Candidate Privacy Notice
- What is the purpose of this document?
Netcracker Technology (“Netcracker” or “we” or “us”) is responsible for deciding how the personal information that you provide as part of your application for a job with Netcracker, is used. We are made up of various group companies. This notice provides you with key information about how the Netcracker company you are applying to will use your Data.
- Definitions to help you understand this Privacy Notice
Any Personal Data, and where relevant, any Special Categories of Personal Data.
Any information about Employees, who can either be directly identified from the data or indirectly identified if that information was connected with other information.
Any handling of an Employee’s Personal Data including (but not limited to) the collection, storage, organising, use and destruction of that data.
Special Categories of Personal Data
Personal Data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership; genetic data or biometric data; and data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation.
- The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application, we will collect and store Data that is contained in;
- your CV;
- your covering letter;
- your on-line application through Greenhouse; and
- any information you provide to us during an interview.
We may also collect, store and use the following Special Categories of Data, including
- information about your race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or political opinions; and
- information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- How is your Data collected?
We may collect Data directly from you but also from any appointed background check provider or credit reference agency, your named referees and certain publically accessible Data sources (for example from LinkedIn).
- How do we use your Data?
We will use the Data we collect about you to:
- assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the applicable role;
- carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- communicate with you about the recruitment process; and
- keep records related to our hiring processes.
We have a legitimate interest in Processing your Data to make sound, fair and justifiable recruitment decisions, to benefit the Netcracker business.
- How do we use Special Categories of Personal Data?
We will use your Special Categories of Personal Data in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
The above Processing is being conducted for the purposes of carrying out obligations and exercising rights in the field of employment law.
- What happens if you don’t provide any relevant Data?
If you fail to provide any Data when requested (following the initial Data you are submitting on this site), we will not be able to evaluate your application and therefore process your application further.
- Automated decision-making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
- Why might we share your Data?
Your Data may be shared with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application:
- Other companies within the Netcracker group of companies, which are based in the United States. If you are applying to us from the EU, the internal transfer of Data to the United States of America will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards, such as the privacy shield, or the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
- Greenhouse Software, Inc, a cloud based services provider located in the United States of America and engaged to help Netcracker manage the recruitment and hiring process. The transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the privacy shield.
- Certain third-party organisations that Netcracker will engage to help evaluate your application, who are located both inside and outside of the EEA.
- For how long will we use your Data?
If your application is unsuccessful, unless we have a legitimate reason for retaining the Data for longer, we will retain only limited aspects of your Data for a period of two years after we have communicated our decision to you. We may also retain your application so we can consider you for future roles, if this is acceptable to you. After these periods, we will securely destroy your Data.
If your application is successful, we may retain any relevant Data that you have provided as part of the application process in the Greenhouse applicant tracking system and/or your personnel file. The remaining information shall be securely destroyed.
- What rights do you have in connection with your Data?
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your Data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully Processing it.
- Request correction of the Data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your Data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Data where there is no good reason for us continuing to Process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to Processing of your Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of Processing of your Data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of Data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Data to another party.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact Leanne Day, HR Administrator at email@example.com. You have the right to make a complaint in relation to how your data is used at any time to the supervisory authority in the country you are resident in, where you work, or where the alleged infringement of your data rights took place.