Senior Applications Engineer
Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
As a Senior Applications Engineer with Netcracker, you will provide support for escalated technical database issues. As well as, providing technical guidance and training to our Service Desk team. This team focuses on providing timely and effective technical support for Netсracker's applications and/or products that are in commercial use by our clients’.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Initiate development, and develop internal technical procedures for Service Desk for all existing and new coming operations/types of requests
- Report on any operational risks, unexpected delays or production issues to the management
- Control technical conformity of Service Requests fulfillment
- Manage projects and tasks related to automation and optimization tasks performed in the Service Desk
Experience & Requirements:
- Highly motivated individual with good analytical skills dedicated to completing tasks on schedule
- Experience in system, network or application administration with expert troubleshooting ability (Linux)
- Experience of working in knowledge management environment: creating detailed knowledge documents after resolving the incidents, empowering users, enabling self-service to reduce repeat incidents
- Spoken and written English & Spanish
- Knowledge of SW development/implementation methodology
- Ability to read Java code and query Oracle DB
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of network protocols and services
- Good experience in scripting languages (shell, bash and python)
- Excellent deductive reasoning and troubleshooting skills
- Good customer service skills, with good written and verbal communications.
- Creative thinking and Initiative (analyzes strengths and weaknesses of current approaches, modifies and adapts current methods and approaches to better meet needs)
- English level: intermediate or upper
- Experience with the following is preferred but not required:
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS, SaaS service delivery
- Understanding and knowledge of ITIL framework best practices for IT Service Management
- Technical experience of an application hosting environment (including web servers, database, virtualization, storage, load balancers, firewalls)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Technical Engineering discipline.