Join Netcracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Roles and responsibilities:
- System administration of OSS/BSS solutions, experience in administration of TOMS, RBM and Atlys is preferred.
- Setting up of application development, testing and production environments for OSS/BSS applications
- Manage Application implementations of various Production Installations, upgrade application startup/checklist tasks, log files, queues, and transactions for exceptions and react (fix/escalate/inform).
- Develop and maintain automation scripts for solution patching.
- Third party software administration (e.g., Oracle, Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, Java, Linux/Solaris/AIX)
- Participating in Environment architecture and capacity planning (e.g., server configuration, file system plan, network configuration, etc.)
- Maintenance window planning and coordination with all stakeholders.
- Day-to-day environment monitoring and administration for overall health of operation environment, including Server Health Checks, Network connectivity with Interfaces, Application performance monitoring etc.
- Interface with different workgroups including Tier2, Technical support groups, and development, System Administrators to troubleshoot and resolve application issues.
- Functional expertise in Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Troubleshooting build, deployment, performance and configuration issues.
Experience & Requirements:
- Experience in Weblogic/Jboss server administration
- Experience in Oracle database administration
- Experience with Unix shell/Perl/Python scripting
- Experience in working in large production systems deployments
- Familiarity with change management process
- Knowledge on Basic networking and Storage
- Effective oral and written communication
- ITIL certification
- Linux/any middleware administration certification
- Working knowledge in RBM/TOMS.
- Must be able to demonstrate creativity and out-of-box thinking in analyzing and delivering solutions.
- Basic knowledge on PL/SQl and DB concepts
- Previous experience in automating large scale deployments of applications in a cloud is a plus (Openstack + Ansible)
- Experience in developing monitoring agents for Nagios and Graphite is a plus
- Experience on Telecom Domain.
- Good communication to handle/manage bridges and sending status update on MW.
- Good negotiation skills