Join NetCracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands the solution of the client in detailed manner
- Knows boundaries of the solution and its external interfaces
- Understands all work activities involved in the scope of work and their respective deliverables
- Ensures that all activities are being carried out as per the expectations
- Clear understanding of all SLAs associated with each deliverable. Takes control of situation and takes corrective action whenever there is threat to SLAs
- Participates in CCB meetings and analyses changes coming in and their impacts to operations in respective area of ownership
- Plans for appropriate skilled resources during critical maintenance windows
- Works with the teams and identifies regular housekeeping activities. Assigns and reports progress to management on these activities
- Takes stock of operations in the previous night in the morning and ensures that all activities are executed correctly as per the schedules
- Identifies operational challenges in the solution and documents them. Shares this information with solution or products groups as feedback
- Identifies gray areas in the operations that can potentially go wrong. Works with the team on how it can be automated. Maintains such list of gray areas and updates management on improvements done
- Performs Root Cause Analysis of issues in their respective work ownership areas and does trend analysis periodically. Shares the results with the team for continuous improvement.
- Collects & Maintains different metrics that shows work throughput and resource productivity
- Publishes metrics to management periodically and shows continuous improvement
- Takes “Lessons Learnt” for day to day experiences and implements them
- Active participation in weekly ops meeting to know the scheduled MW’s going to happen in the weekend and plan resources appropriately
- Conducts regular ONE-ONE and discusses work matters. Provides feedback if there is any improvement needed.
- Assesses work performance time to time and provides feedback
- Identifies technical gray areas and works with the resource in grooming in that area
- Identifies work related knowledge gaps and works with management in addressing them
- Monitors resource against the set work expectations
- Identify resources eligible for SPOT award and Performance incentive program and nominate regularly to recognize their effort
- Maintains & Plans shift schedules to cover expected coverage from offshore
- Publishes/Keeps up to date, Shift Calendar & on-call schedule roaster in the web based tool
- Maintains records of resources working on Holidays as part of their shift rotation
- Facilitate with requests access to Servers for new joiners and removes Access to Servers when an employee leaves the organisation
- Provide shift manager coverage as per schedule and volunteer to cover holidays & gaps
Experience and Requirements:
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills in English and Japanese
- Good experience in production support of BSS/OSS systems
- Familiarity with database concepts.
- Unix Shell /Perl /PLSQL scripting and should be able to write SQL’s.
- Experience of using Apache Cassandra and Ignite
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision on complex projects.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with the ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Ability to conduct in-depth research
- Ability to work in group environment which achieves results through teamwork
- Ability to work in overtimes to manage maintenance window and unexpected high incidents
- Experience in direct client interaction & specially dealing with APAC clients
- At least 5 years of Experience in managing production operations & service delivery for Tier 1 or Tier 2 Clients
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
We are NetCracker, and we are focused forward
For more information, please visit www.Netcracker.com.