Jr. Oracle DBA - The key requirement of the position is database systems management experience related to environments including production, pre-production and development/QA. Your responsibility as a database administrator (DBA) will be the performance, integrity and security of a database used by ATLYS application at Vivo. You will be involved in the planning and development of the database, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
As a database administrator, you will need to:
- Install Oracle 11g and 12c DBMS software and apply patches.
- Backup/Duplicate and Recover Oracle databases.
- Tune SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Support the development team.
- Read Oracle query execution plan.
- Create UNIX shell scripts in Linux and Solaris.
- Perform fundamental and essential Linux/Solaris system administration tasks.
- Optimize database performance.
- Facilitate communication with other groups to implement various database-related tasks.
- Collaborate with programming and systems staff members in the creation of standards and procedures.
- Database change control responsibilities.
- Ensure availability and integrity of the Oracle databases.
- Execute troubleshooting tasks as needed.
- Refresh Oracle development/QA databases with production data.
- Participate in capacity management activities.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Implement and utilize the Release and Change Management as well as other ITIL processes.
- 1+ year of experience as an ORACLE 11g/12c DBA, supporting OLTP systems in a Linux environment.
- 1+ year of Linux OS and shell script experience.
- 1+ year of experience operating within a rigorous change control environment. (i.e., managed separate Development, QA, UAT, Development and Production environments)
- Decent knowledge on SQL and PLSQL.
- High-availability implementations such as Oracle RAC.
- Knowledge in Oracle ASM.
- Knowledge in Oracle backup technologies - RMAN.
- Knowledge in Oracle Data Pump Utilities.
- Ability to develop and troubleshoot shell scripts as needed.
- Experience developing scripts using SQL, automating database tasks.
- Advanced communication and writing skills.
- Ability to handle customers relations situations.
- Professional and ethical at all times.
- Identify and resolve issues and perform maintenance as needed.
- Fluent in English (verbal, read and write).
- Native Portuguese (verbal, read and write).
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) is a plus.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and Information Systems or closely related.