Netcracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, is a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
- Assist with project planning by offering analysis on requirements gathering, training, testing, and producing roll-out.
- Lead in requirements gathering and documentation effort as related to:
- Business processes and mechanical work flows.
- Network technologies.
- Network devices and other components of physical inventory.
- Circuits and other components of logical inventory.
- Other miscellaneous network resources such as IP addresses, telephone numbers, set-top boxes, and other entities.
- Service orders, work orders, and other business documents.
- Business rules for naming conventions, mechanical processes, and others.
- Non-functional requirements.
- Integration points between systems.
- Mapping of source data for data migration.
- Template specifications.
- Report specifications.
- System security.
- Produce Business and System use cases.
- Prepare gap analyses, citing differences in customer requirements and product functionality.
- Lead in UAT and other required testing activities and system sign-off efforts.
- Participate in training documentation and delivery.
- Coordinate with product support on product issues.
- Identify business issues and apply product solutions.
- Review and assess customer issues and change requests and screen them according to customer priorities, contractual obligations, and Netcracker business approaches.
- Support Netcracker change management and product management procedures from a business perspective.
- Perform product demonstrations as necessary to introduce the customer to the product.
- Develop and support a collaborative relationship with the technical team and end users from the customer side.
- Participate frequently in on-site visits required by the support plan for varying periods of time.
- Take decisions within scope of work and those decisions are binding to the company.
- Report to Customer Support Manager on a weekly basis or instantly on the occurrence of urgent issues according to Netcracker standard reporting practices including:
o Milestones completed and action points
o Open issues
o Time spent for specific task completion
- Working with customers on aspects of scope clarification, requirements gathering, design coordination, presentations etc.
- Preparation of business analysis documents for internal and external use such as: Impact Analysis, Requirements, Trace-ability Matrix, Compliance Matrix and Systems Design documents
- Active collaboration with project technical team and management for planning, resolving issues and assessment purposes
Experience & Requirements:
- Knowledge of business processes and functions of Telco operator: Asset Management, Resource Inventory, Activation, Integration; expertise in one area. (Must have)
- Knowledge of technologies of mobile and fixed networks: cable networks, transmission networks, access networks, core switching, radio access network, etc.; expertise in one area. (Must have)
- 5+ years experience with enterprise-level application software technical implementation and expertise in applying technology to meet customer needs. (Must have)
- IT networking or telecommunications experience from both a technical and business perspective.
- Experience with relevant telecom BSS/OSS applications.
- Knowledge in preparation of requirement specifications on technical and business levels.
- Previous experience in developing requirements for web based solutions.
- Experience in business analysis, business process modeling, information models development, use cases, test cases, etc.
- Knowledge of standards and solutions for OSS / BSS;
- Knowledge of Telco products and services;
- Knowledge of and experience in the application of methodologies and modeling tools (IDEFx, UML, etc.);
- Participation in software development and implementation projects;
- Familiarity with System Integration methodologies.
- Familiarity with Data Migration methodologies.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and corresponding Netcracker procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of Netcracker Professional Services techniques (or generally accepted implementation and consulting techniques) and corresponding technical practices.
- Understanding of project management methodology and tools for the purposes of contributing to project plans, business proposals, and status reports.
- Ability to gather and understand customer requirements and map them onto Netcracker system functionality.
- Good oral presentation and written communications skills.
- Ability to support end-user training and assist with training delivery.
- Business-like presence and ability to interact professionally with customers at all levels of the customer’s organization, including system users, managers, and senior executives.
- Ability to travel extensively for varying periods of time.
- Fluent English & Spanish speaking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.