Join NetCracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
The senior technical consultant will be working in a respected international team providing innovative technical consultancy and support to major telecommunications and utilities businesses in the UK and worldwide.
The work is hands -on and will include aspects such as solution design, problem solving, performance tuning, system migration, system reviews, scripting and testing and pre-sales support with hardware review for responses to RFX's. There are also some opportunities for coding in C/C++, Perl or java etc.
The successful candidate will also provide technical guidance to internal project teams, pre-sales teams and our customers at all levels and therefore must be able to operate at up to CEO level, hence outstanding written and verbal communication skills are a prerequisite.
Travel to other Netcracker offices and customer offices across the world may be required
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as both part of a team, but also on their own when required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding the Netcracker BSS product portfolio and how best the components can be deployed to meet a customer’s needs.
- Co-operating with internal staff, System Architects, Sales teams and customers (at all levels of the company).
- Creation of hardware requirements specifications.
- Understanding the customers functional and business requirements and creating technical solutions to meet these.
- Performance tuning.
- Supporting software migration projects including testing and diagnosing issues.
- Guiding and coaching other staff on best practices and knowledge transfer.
- Providing technical support to pre-sales.
- Become a point of contact for technical questions
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ year’s knowledge understanding Billing Solutions and technical requirements around BSS solutions.
- Work well under time pressure, delivering high quality results.
- Ability to travel globally occasionally for short periods.
- Strong and solid background of telecom solutions.
- Ideally Strong performance analysis and tuning skills including Oracle or PostgreSQL.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements.
- Preferable Ability to tune SQL code.
- Preferable experience with benchmarking.
- Self-motivated and able to work as both part of a team or individually to solve challenges.
- Proven experience of successfully working within the telecoms market.
- Experience in Mediation and printing products would be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
We are NetCracker, and we are focused forward
For more information, please visit www.Netcracker.com.