Join NetCracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
The senior technical consultant will be working hands-on in a respected international team with experience and knowledge to provide innovative technical consultancy and support to major Telecommunications and Utilities businesses in the UK and worldwide.
The work is hands on and can include aspects such as solution deployment design, technical problem solving, application tuning, software upgrades, system reviews, upgrade code tuning and testing and pre-sales support with hardware review for responses to RFX's.
The role also provides technical guidance to internal project teams, pre-sales teams and our customers, from technical to CxO level, communication, therefore both written and verbal communication will be a key aspect.
Travel to other Netcracker offices and customer offices across the world may be required
The successful candidate must be self-motivated and able to work as both part of a team, but also on own when required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding the Netcracker product portfolio and how best the BSS components can be deployed to best meet a customer’s needs. This will include internal discussions with internal staff, System Architects, Sales teams and customers (at all levels of the company)
- Create comprehensive and unambiguous documentation that outlines requirement of the hardware required to be deployed in a system
- Examining system log files, Oracle AWR’s and other system diagnostic output in order to tune and resolve performance problems
- Support to Netcracker project teams and customers who are upgrading the Netcracker software. This includes, tuning of the upgrade SQL code, testing the upgrade code and diagnosing issues with the upgrade process
- Extending the performance analysis to cover the whole system and produce a holistic ‘health-check report’ for the customer
- Guiding and coaching other staff on best practices and knowledge transfer
- Support the Sales organization with technical answers to RFX documents
- Support the Sales organization with hardware sizings for Sales bids
- Work closely with Implementation teams to ensure hardware is sized to meet the customer needs
- Become a point of contact for staff to ask technical questions
Experience and Requirements:
- 5+ years of sufficient technical knowledge to understand Billing Solutions and technical requirements around BSS solutions
- Work well under time pressure, delivering high quality results
- Ability to travel globally occasionally for short periods
- Strong and solid background of telecom solutions
- Ideally Strong performance analysis and tuning skills including Oracle or PostgreSQL
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interpret customer requirements
- Preferable Ability to tune SQL code
- Preferable Ability to test tuning changes
- Organizational skills, able to work simultaneously on a number of assignments when required
- Self-motivated and able to work as both part of a team or individually to solve challenges
- Proven experience of successfully working within the telecoms market
- Any other support or consulting activity as required by Netcracker
- Experience in Mediation and printing products would be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
We are NetCracker, and we are focused forward
For more information, please visit www.Netcracker.com.