Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth.
We are looking for an experienced PostgreSQL Architect to join our rapidly growing team in the UK, to support a global customer, in one of our large transformation projects.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design telco-grade systems based on Community PostgreSQL for generic product and implementation projects
- Design and develop toolkits to achieve operational targets of telco customers.
- Conduct operational proofs of concept.
- Design and test sizing and scalability plans for implementation projects
- Train project DBA's and provide support in installations and operations
Experience & Requirements
- Working experience with PostgreSQL in production systems, featuring multiple DB servers.
- Knowledge of available PostgreSQL extensions, including those for high availability and durability.
- Experience in tuning community PostgreSQL to achieve enterprise-grade non-functional requirements: high volumes, high performance (>10K tps), back-up, replication, failover, clusterized operations.
- Deploying postgreSQL in bare metal, virtualized and cloud environments.
- Tuning performance of PL/pgSQL procedures.
- Updated knowledge of PostgreSQL v. 11.
- Experience with Aurora AWS, Google Spanner.
- Understanding/ability to read the underlying source codes for PostgreSQL and extensions.
- Experience with enterprise versions of PostgreSQL (PostgresPro, EnterpriseDB, etc.)
- Participation in PostgreSQL community (PGConf, etc.)
Higher technical education / University Degree on Computer Science or related