Join Netcracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Netcracker Technology is looking to hire an experienced Database Administrator to support our global accounts based in Mexico City
Roles and responsibilities:
- Deploy and manage Application and Database implementations of various Production and Non-production Installations, upgrade application startup/checklist tasks, log files, queues, and transactions for exceptions and react (fix/escalate/inform).
- Maintain operational guides and methodology documentation
- Resolve problems and tasks
- Resolve incidents related to database
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis
- Conduct day to day and scheduled database maintenance activities
- Monitor database availability and capacity
- Liaison with vendors for issues, bugs, etc.
- Monitor backup and data retention jobs
- Work with Customer Support, Professional Services, QA and development teams to resolve application issues.
- Develop automation and monitoring scripts and plugins.
- This position requires being part of a 24×7 support team
- Willing to travel
Experience & Requirements:
- Oracle Database administration skills
- Oracle Database deployment and configuration including highly available configurations.
- Oracle Database performance issues analysis and liaising with development on the resolution.
- Scripting languages: SQL, Shell
- Enterprise Linux systems administration at level to understand principles of resource allocation and monitoring, system startup sequence, system configuration.
- Understanding principles of TCP/IP, routing, application network traffic balancing and failover
- Knowledge in open source database and messaging products (Kafka, Rabbit MQ, Ignite, Cassandra) is a plus.
- Previous experience in any of the application servers Weblogic, Jboss, Tomcat is a plus.
- Understand principles of PKI/Certificates
- Supporting large scale, mission critical 7 x 24 solutions
- Telecom- OSS/BSS domain experience is a plus
- Oracle OCP is a plus
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps methods;
- Previous experience in automating large scale deployments of applications in a cloud is a plus (Openstack + Ansible)
- Experience in developing monitoring agents for Nagios and Graphite is a plus
- Excellent communication
- English & Spanish language fluency as a principal business communication language
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field