Netcracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, is a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Netcracker Technology is looking to hire an OSS Business Analyst to join our Implementation Engineering teams located throughout the LATAM region. As an OSS Domain technological subject matter expert (SME), you will be responsible for providing cost effective solution to business and technical challenges faced in large/complex Telecommunication projects. Business Analysts are working as a company’s representatives in front of the enterprise customer. You will be responsible for providing guidance to the leadership service provider to better understanding and articulate the challenges. Then define and document measurable criteria for solution assessment, proposing solution(s) and bring best practice. It is expected that you will have recognition in the Telecommunication industry as an OSS Domain SME.
Role and Responsibilities
- Engage directly with customer business stakeholders to identify OSS operational pain-points, advise on process/business rules optimization, provide industry best practices for respective process domains and take collected input to produce project deliverables
- Work collaboratively in a team of business analysts on system requirements, use-cases and solution design documents in the OSS domain (Resource Inventory, Service Order Management)
- Lead requirements/design deliverables review and sign-off process with customer
- Prepare gap analyses, citing differences in customer requirements and product functionality
- Perform product demonstrations as necessary to introduce the customer to the product
- Develop and support a collaborative relationship with the technical team and end users from the customer side
- Participate frequently in on-site visits required by the implementation/support plan for varying periods of time
- Facilitate workshops required to understand and outcome, detailed requirements, and solution behavior.
- Work closely with delivery team to ensure functional and non-functional completeness of the solution
- Decompose business requirements into set of use-cases and functional requirements
- Analyze customer's technical service catalog, dependencies and service provisioning flows
- Based on industry best practices and product knowledge provide solution design in regards to service catalog and service order management workflows
- Analyze integration points at existing customer's IT environment and product interface agreements for the target IT stack.
- Work on technical design of service catalog and Service Order Management workflows. Produce solution design documents
- Review and assess customer issues and change requests and screen them according to customer priorities, contractual obligations, and NetCracker business approaches
- Assist with UAT process to improve user’s experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in implementation projects for the BSS/OSS in Telecommunications industry as business analyst
- Strong understanding of B2B Network Service Fulfilment processes. Examples – L2VPN service fulfillment, Infrastructure order management.
- Strong understanding of common B2B products – L2 and L3 VPNs, Business Voice
- Strong and solid background of telecom technologies – Metro Ethernet, IP Core services, network backbone.
- Knowledge of business analysis principles and methodologies.
- Solid knowledge of UML and practical experience with UML modeling tools
- Practical experience in preparation of requirement specifications on technical and business levels.
- Presentation & meeting management skills
- Familiarity with data migration methodologies.
- Experience as business process SME at telco service provider is a plus
- Experience as service provisioning team member at telco service provider is a plus
- Strong knowledge of XML and SQL
- Bilingual Spanish & English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.