Join Netcracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Netcracker Technology is looking to hire an experienced Mainframe Database Administrator to support various Netcracker clients throughout the Americas region. This role will be based out of our Mexico City.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Strong English communication skills
- Ability to work directly with 3rd party vendors, clients and internal teams
- Must be proactive to find improvements / potential issues Before they happen
- Must be able to multi-task without making errors.
- Must take ownership and be personally responsible for assigned tasks and willing to communicate any potential risks to management
- Ability to lead a team, run meetings, and ensure deadlines are met
- Must have strong problem solving skills and ability to think outside of the box
- Must be able to work in high availability online environments
- Must have strong knowledge of the technical IMS/DB2/MQSeries tools listed below
- Must be Quality focused
Experience & Requirements:
- IMS Database Administrator Skills: Database design, Knowledge of IMS Database calls ,PSB, DBD, ACB, & SYS Gens. DBRC, Batch Back-out, Image Recover (including forward recovery), Various DB Utilities (Image, Unload, Load, Change Accume, Recovery, etc.) Understanding of different program types , BMC Delta is a plus, BMC SIU and DB utilities is a plus BMC Message Advisor is a plus, IMS Monitor, DLI Trace , IMS Commands (DIS, DBR, STA, STO, etc.) Understanding of DASD/Space management Understanding the difference between HDAM and HIDAM
- DB2 Database Administrator Skills: Database, Tablespace, and Table design, Good understanding of Oracle SQL, Binds, Plans, Packages, and Grants, Various DB Utility Functions , DB2 Commands , Understanding of SYSIBM Tables
- MQSeries Administrator Skills: Understanding of MQGET and MQPUT calls and how to code them, Various Queues (QAlias, QRemote, QLocal, Transmit) Channels, MQ Commands, TSO MQ Panels and MQ Explorer, Understanding how to trouble-shoot and monitor MQ issues related to queuing, connection issues, etc.
- English & Spanish language fluency as a principal business communication language
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field