Join Netcracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Netcracker Technology is looking to hire an experienced Database Administrator to be based in Mexico City. This role will be part of our IT Managed Services Organization and will be supporting various projects across the globe.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Implement Oracle DB and Postgres SQL for various Production and non-production systems
- Perform database health checks.
- Perform database and SQL tuning.
- Develop and maintain automation playbooks, pipelines, tools.
- Implement database monitoring monitoring scripts, agents and tools.
- Deploy database and application release, patches and configurations.
- Perform database maintenance.
- Interface with different workgroups including L2, Development, Technical Support groups and Infrastructure teams to troubleshoot and resolve database issues.
- Troubleshooting build, deployment, performance and configuration issues.
- Be part of 7 x 24 on-call DBA Team.
Experience & Requirements:
- Oracle DBA (OCP)
- Experience with Golden Gate and DataGuard
- Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Control
- Experience in implementing monitoring of the production databases.
- Understanding of ITIL
- Supporting large scale, mission critical 7 x 24 solutions
- Enterprise Linux systems administration at level to understand principles of resource allocation and monitoring, system startup sequence, system configuration.
- Understanding principles of TCP/IP, routing, application network traffic balancing and failover
- Understand principles of PKI/Certificates
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps methods;
- Experience with DevOps tools Jenkins, Ansible, Git is a plus
- Effective oral and written bilingual conversant in English and Spanish.
- Business-like presence
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a similar role
- Must be able to effectively work or tasks individually and in the cooperation with other team members and adhere strictly to stringent SLAs including mission critical applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex performance and stability issues.
- Ability and willingness to adopt new technologies.
- Effective and efficient communication under stressful environment.
- Telecom-OSS/BSS or eCommerce domains experience. (highly preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field