Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
As a Senior DBA with Netcracker, you will be part of our IT Managed Services Organization, supporting mission critical applications for various projects throughout the LATAM region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Implement Oracle DB and Postgres SQL for various Production and non-production systems
- Perform database health checks.
- Perform database and SQL tuning.
- Develop and maintain automation playbooks, pipelines, tools.
- Implement database monitoring scripts, agents and tools.
- Deploy database and application release, patches and configurations.
- Perform database maintenance.
- Interface with different workgroups including L2, Development, Technical Support groups and Infrastructure teams to troubleshoot and resolve database issues.
- Troubleshooting build, deployment, performance and configuration issues.
- Be part of 7 x 24 on-call DBA Team.
Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a similar role
- Oracle DBA (OCP)
- Experience with Golden Gate and DataGuard
- Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Control
- Experience in implementing monitoring of the production databases.
- Effective oral and written bilingual conversant in English and Spanish.
- Strong business acumen
- Understanding of ITIL
- Supporting large scale, mission critical 7 x 24 solutions
- Enterprise Linux systems administration at level to understand principles of resource allocation and monitoring, system startup sequence, system configuration.
- Understanding principles of TCP/IP, routing, application network traffic balancing and failover
- Understand principles of PKI/Certificates
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps methods;
- Experience with DevOps tools Jenkins, Ansible, Git is a plus
- Must be able to effectively work or tasks individually and in the cooperation with other team members and adhere strictly to stringent SLAs including mission critical applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex performance and stability issues.
- Ability and willingness to adopt new technologies.
- Effective and efficient communication under stressful environment.
- Telecom-OSS/BSS or eCommerce domains experience. (highly preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Technical Engineering discipline.