Join Netcracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Netcracker Technology is looking to hire a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to support our LATAM accounts working out of our Mexico City office.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support Application and Middleware implementations of various Production Installations, upgrade application startup/checklist tasks, log files, queues, and transactions for exceptions and react (fix/escalate/inform).
- Define and implement middleware deployment and configuration processes.
- Develop and maintain automation playbooks, pipelines, tools.
- Third party software administration (e.g., Oracle, Weblogic, JBoss, Tomcat, Apache, Java).
- Environment architecture and capacity planning (e.g., server configuration, file system plan, network configuration, etc.)
- Maintenance window planning and changes implementation.
- Interface with different workgroups including Tier2, Technical support groups, and development, System Administrators to troubleshoot and resolve application issues.
- Troubleshooting build, deployment, performance and configuration issues.
Experience & Requirements:
- Should have 7+ years of experience with the following areas:
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle Weblogic including highly available architectures.
- Experience with Jboss, WildFly, Tomcat is a plus.
- Experience with queue managers Kafka or Rabbit MQ.
- Experience in managing applications with external authentication providers (i.e. LDAP, MS AD, SSO)
- Java application performance issues analysis and liaising with development on the resolution
- Understanding principles of the database operation and administration. Experience in administration of ProstgreSQL or Oracle DB.
- Enterprise Linux systems administration at level to understand principles of resource allocation and monitoring, system startup sequence, system configuration.
- Understanding principles of TCP/IP, routing, application network traffic balancing and failove
- Understand principles of PKI/Certificates
- Supporting large scale, mission critical 7 x 24 solutions
- Telecom- OSS/BSS domain experience is a plus
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps methods;
- Experience with DevOps tools Jenkins, Ansible, Git
- Experience in implementing monitoring of the business applications.
- Excellent knowledge of ITIL
- Business-like presence and ability to interact professionally with Customers
- Effective oral and written bilingual conversant in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or mathematics or related fields