- Designing software according to the requirements and specifications of our clients
- Develop software including unit test for the new feature additions
- Adherence to coding guidelines and standard software development principles
- Contribute to product enhancements by bringing in new ideas
- Minimize technical debt in the assigned area of work
- For Senior profiles: Technical guidance, code reviews and team competency building.
- Opportunity to become SME [Subject Matter Expert] in technical / specific area of domain.
Experience: A minimum of 4-10 years’ experience as a hands-on developer
Key Qualifications and skills
- Good understanding and hands-on work experience in C++ & concepts such as OOPS, multithreading, Data structures, Exception Handling, ODBC, File I/O, XML APIs etc.
- Good understanding & working experience in Perl / Shell scripting, expert in debugging / diagnosis
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tool – SVN.
- Hands-on experience in writing Unit tests using CPPUnit or equivalent.
- Working experience in Jenkins, Maven, SonarQube.
- Experience in writing technical design and development of the application, familiar with Design Patterns
- Knowledge of web-services (REST and SOAP), RESTful design;
- Working experience in SQL & DBMS [Oracle/PostgreSQL],
- Familiarity with NOSQL [eg. Cassandra; Familiarity with message queues like Kafka
- Preferable experience in Telecom Domain (BSS) especially in Telecom Billing solutions.
- Know-how on containerization applications like Docker, Kubernetes is preferred.
- Experience in tuning applications based on Performance tests/ Load tests/ Stress tests is preferred.
- Knowledge of development lifecycle, standards, approaches, utilities and environment: shells, IDEs.
- Familiarity with JIRA / JQL is an added advantage