Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
We’re currently looking for a full-time Instructional Designer to join our growing company! In this role, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with fellow instructional designers, SMEs, and trainers to research, create, and design a variety of assets for classroom training, including presentations and exercise-based workbooks.
You will be part of a global team that provides training on Netcracker’s customized software solution to communication service providers around the world. In this position, you must be capable of working independently with minimal supervision while aligning with the team’s styles and standards. This position is right for you if you enjoy learning about new technology and applying best practices in instructional design to simplify complex topics and teach them to others.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with SMEs, Training Delivery Managers, and Trainers to research, create, and design instructional plans and training materials that clearly and effectively communicate each lesson.
- Create and maintain Netcracker training courseware for classroom training, including presentation slides, workbook exercises, and supplementary handouts.
- Follow and maintain Netcracker instructional design standards and templates.
- Apply instructional design skills and understanding of adult learning principles to work on a variety of training projects that may be large or complex in scope.
- Apply best practices in instructional design to create high quality training materials.
- Collaborate with SMEs and editors to schedule reviews and make updates accordingly.
- Recommend different applications or layouts to improve the user experience in current classes and trainings.
- Provide weekly status updates.
- Mentor team members to teach best practices in instructional design concepts, techniques, and adult learning theory as needed.
Experience and Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in instructional design. ·
- Experience in the telecom industry preferred, or related experience working with software products in the technology industry. ·
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. ·
- Knowledge of basic graphic design principles and the ability to create clear technical diagrams that convey complex processes and relationships. ·
- Proven time management and organizational skills. ·
- Knowledge and experience with a flipped and/or blended classroom approach preferred. ·
- Attention to detail while managing several complex deliverables across multiple groups, cultures, and time zones. ·
- Self-reliant and able to independently develop learning assets with minimal supervision. ·
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. ·
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, resolve complex issues, and improve current processes or solutions. ·
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in Technology, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or a related field. ·
- Technical background with a certificate in Instructional Design, eLearning Development, or Instructional Design and Technology certificates a plus