Join Netcracker Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, virtualization and the changing mobile ecosystem. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 20 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Netcracker Technology is looking to hire an experienced Technical Support Manager to join our growing company! The Technical Support Manager will be providing support to one of our largest customers in North America.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and manage end-to-end solution management process, based on customer specifics and requirements from other support and business user groups involved in the process
- Work on critical and high severity incidents and problems: identify root causes and provide appropriate solutions with sufficient technical expertise; provide timely status updates and reports to higher management level;
- Plan and manage application support team: allocate resources, distribute tasks within the team, control the results
- Upsell CR/Professional services
- Manage and deliver service and/or functional change requests
- Keep responsibility for E2E relations with the client for the service in regards to Production Application (CRM, Billing, Order Management, Service Assurance, etc.) for residential and business customers
- Work as one of the key parts of the telecom business transformation programs, providing wide range of services, such as Application Support, Hosted or Remote Managed Services, specialized services
- Set up and manage operations ‘build’ phase to secure operational readiness prior to the start of application commercial usage
- Plan budget and resources for the Post Production support phase; keep project within the allocated budget; find resources to execute on time and on budget without compromising quality
- Manage internal and external communications, carry out regular meetings, phone calls, conferences, presentations
- Participate in support and maintenance sales cycle: meet with customer management and support representatives, create presentations, work on requests for proposal (RFP/RFI), evaluate resources and costs for support services, draft and review service contracts, etc.
- Work with higher management on support and maintenance related questions
- Provide a single point of contact and be the first escalation point for customer IT and business teams; Build good relationship with customer
- Make sure all customer requests are promptly handled and resolved for continuous, courteous and professional support coverage
- Act as a customer advocate role across all departments within Netcracker
- At least 4+ years progressive experience in the technical/client/application support fields, requiring solid technical skills
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to assume a leadership role; owning the job; team player; constant focusing on results
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills; quick learner
- Consistently sound level of judgment and professional conduct
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet challenging deadlines
- Knowledge of SW development/implementation methodology (Agile, Waterfall)
- Willingness and ability to travel if not based in Calgary
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge in OSS/BSS solutions, experience in business transformations program
- Enterprise software, telecommunications or call center background
- Knowledge/experience in the following concepts and technologies: NFV, SDN, Cassandra, Ignite, Kafka, REST API, Microservices, Machine Learning
- Ability to read Java code and query Oracle DB would be a plus.
- BSc on Computer Science or related field