Systems Engineer, PaaS
Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
As a PaaS Systems Engineer with Netcracker, you’ll be responsible for the design, development and customization of mission-critical solutions to world-leading Telecommunication providers. In this position, you'll implement and support innovative technologies such as 5G, eSIM, Internet access by satellites in low earth orbit, IoT, etc. This position is part of our IT Managed Services Organization and can be based in Mexico City or Monterrey, Mexico.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and operating CI/CD pipelines;
- Troubleshooting okd/k8s clusters and cloud-deployed applications;
- Taking care of department’s management and monitoring facilities, participating in their development (enabling them to do more through committing golang, python, ansible and ruby code);
- Working with project(s)’ team(s) to identify their needs and break down IT-related tasks.
Experience & Requirements:
- Knowledge of how to use base Linux operating system binaries for troubleshooting system & user processes – and how to understand their output
- Using contemporary common configuration utilities such as ansible & puppet or having basic knowledge of their purpose and mode of operation
- Using contemporary and legacy monitoring utilities like Zabbix, icinga, collectd, Prometheus, heapster
- Sparse understanding of conceptions of software defined networks, cloud native applications and Platform as a Service
- Basic usage or sparse understanding of how to use infrastructure management tools of Microsoft System Center, Hyper-V hypervisor, Openstack Horizon, Openstack CLI client to provision, manage and troubleshoot virtual machines and corresponding infrastructure; any experience with any another virtual infrastructure management system will be enough (e.g. vSphere, Citrix)
- Basic skills of troubleshooting today’s traditional network issues of IPv4, TCP, UDP and IPv4 routing and packet filtering (i.e. determining hosts availability, investigating connectivity issues between Linux hosts)
- Basic or good experience with k8s and/or Openshift
- Basic or good experience with Docker daemon maintenance, understanding Docker image conception and mode of Docker daemon operation
Nice to Have:
- Strong knowledge of cloud services’ models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, FaaS, fogging)
- Experience of being user or/and administrator of a virtual infrastructure management system (Openstack, KVM, Microsoft System Center or any other well-known infrastrucutres)
- Understanding of contemporary methods of software product development
- Experience of establishing or/and maintaining continuous integration or/and delivery (CI/CD) of a software solution
- Hands on Jenkins, ansible
- A knowledge of existing SDN solutions or/and k8s/Openshift network plugins
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Technical Engineering discipline.