IT Engineer, DevOps / SRE
Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
As a DevOps / SRE IT Engineer with Netcracker, you’ll be responsible for analyzing, developing and building automation pipelines for Netcracker projects throughout the Americas region and other parts of the globe. This includes supporting of all non-prod environments, maintaining and operating CI/CD pipelines, taking care of department management and monitoring facilities', participating in their development, etc. This group will work with project teams to identify their needs and break down IT-related tasks. This position is part of our IT Managed Services Organization and can be based in either Mexico City or Monterrey, Mexico.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Improvement our toolsets and practices for smooth people and systems integrations.
- Create and support current Tools widely using in company.
- Deployment and troubleshooting of applications on Netcracker Cloud platform.
- Build reliable services in and outside company.
Experience & Requirements:
- Strong practical knowledge of construction complex IT systems;
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps methods;
- Experience in product development and delivery.
- Knowledge and experience in management of containerized applications.
- Experience in Linux system administration (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian);
- Experience in build or support of highly available solutions with Linux platform;
- Knowledge and experience in virtualization technologies: KVM, VMware;
- Experience in configuration management of medium and large environments with Jenkins, Puppet (installation, writing manifests, troubleshooting, etc.);
- Experience in IaaS management systems like Terraform, cloud-formation, etc..
- Experience in scripting (Ansible, bash);
Nice to Have:
- Understanding of IaaS, PaaS service delivery
- Knowledge of cloud storage file systems (CEPH, GlusterFS,);
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL database, JBoss or Wildfly application server
- Knowledge of HAproxy, Pacemaker, Corosync
- Knowledge and experience in SDN, VNF;
- Experience in configuration management of medium and large environments with Jenkins, Puppet, salt automation tools (installation, writing manifests, troubleshooting, etc.);
- Experience in network equipment configuration: Cisco, Juniper;
- Awareness of telecom standards: ETSI NFV, 3GPP, EPC, IMS, TMS.
- Knowledge of programming languages (Python, Ruby, Go)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Technical Engineering discipline.