Senior Cloud Engineer
Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
As a Cloud Engineer with Netcracker you will participate in the automation activities and deployment of Cloud infrastructure. This position will be part of our global IT team based in Mexico City.
- Deployment and support of OpenStack and Contrail clouds, Docker and Kubernetes environments;
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Linux and telecom VNFs into cloud environments & give consultation to development teams;
- Scripting and automating system and deployment tasks to reduce manual repetitive work.
- Management and automation of infrastructure services.
- Creating & maintaining technical documentation including system diagrams & operational procedures
- 5+ years relevant experience as a Linux Network/Systems administrator (not only on L1 and L2 technical support levels, but on the level 3 too).
- Linux knowledge has to be at least at a certifiable level in Red Hat (Unix knowledge is a plus). RHCSA, RHCE
- Good systems administration skills such as the ability to install and configure new physical and virtual Linux servers,
- The ability to analyze and optimize performance on a Linux server.
- Experience with scripting languages (shells, perl, python, etc).
- Experience with multipath software (iSCSI or Fibre Channel).
Will be of advantage:
- Experience with ansible
- Experience with programming languages.
- Experience with various clusters (pacemaker, Veritas Cluster, Oracle RAC, etc, mariadb-galera(mysql), rabbitmq-cluster).
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, VSphere, qemu/kvm, XEN.
- Experience with automate systems configurations such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience in OpenStack.
- Bachelor’s degree required (BS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience).