LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
- Provide operational support for mission critical systems in a 24x7 regime (weekly rotating shifts).
- Maintenance of hardware/software configurations for systems based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Oracle Linux distributions.
- Build, implement and maintain system-level software packages which are related to block devices, clustering, file management,
- backup, web applications, DNS, LDAP.
- Configure and troubleshoot applications whether third-party systems as well as in-house developed applications.
- Develop, install and maintain utility programs/scripts to manage application start, stop, end-of-day, monitoring and failure/recovery. Gather requirements and implement changes by following processes.
- Support all aspects of the project life cycle through ITIL based Configuration, Change, Service, Incident and Problem management.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years relevant experience as a Linux Network/Systems Administrator.Linux knowledge has to be at least at a certifiable level in Red Hat (Unix knowledge is a plus).
- Good systems administration skills such as the ability to install and configure new physical and virtual Linux servers,
- the ability to analyze and optimize performance on a Linux server.
- Experience with scripting languages (shells, perl, python, etc).
- Experience with multipath software (iSCSI or Fibre Channel).
- Ability to work shifts (including night shifts).
Additional Experience (not necessary, will be an advantage):
- Experience with programming languages
- Experience with various clusters (pacemaker, Veritas Cluster, Oracle RAC, etc).
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, VSphere, qemu/kvm, XEN.
- Experience with automate systems configurations such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience in OpenStack.
Bachelor Degree on Computer Science or related fields