If digital transformation, next generation technology and growth opportunities excite you, then apply to join our Netcracker Technology Team! Our culture and collaborative work environment are the keys to our success. Here you will work with the best in class global teams, earn a competitive salary and contribute to the largest digital transformations happening around the world.
What will be your responsibilities?
The Oracle DBA position is part of our IT Managed Services team in Mexico City, Mexico. This role provides production support (during normal business hours), situation management, monitoring and database testing. You will use your knowledge and experience of UNIX/Linux, Oracle DBA among others to manage and troubleshoot issues. In this role you will also be responsible for the following:
- Perform routine DBA tasks like database maintenance, backups, recovery, table space management, upgrades, etc.
- Interface between Production supports (Tier 2) with Development support (Tier 3) for production issues;
- Interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as part of environment setup, maintenance and support
- Monitor Oracle performance and production UNIX environment;
- Support SQL Development.
What skills and experience do you need to be successful in this role?
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux;
- At least 3 years of experience working as an Oracle DBA
- Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools;
- SQL Development experience and ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints).
- Experience with Oracle (BEA) Weblogic Server Administration, Oracle (BEA) Tuxedo, Oracle (BEA) Corba, Oracle (Sun) Unix Solaris
- Expertise in system detection and troubleshooting
- Availability to work in shifts;
- Proficient in MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Fluent in Spanish and English (verbal, reading and writing);
It would be a bonus if you had:
- Previous experience/knowledge in Production Support;
- Knowledge in Control M;
- Knowledge to produce scripts (shell script);
- Telecommunications industry experience
Education: University Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Who is Netcracker Technology?
We are a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Engage with us on LinkedIn!