Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with best in class global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth opportunities.
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Netcracker Technology is looking to hire a Senior Oracle DBA to joining our growing company! This position will be part of our IT Managed Services team in Mexico City, that provides production support during afternoon shifts, situation management, monitoring and database testing.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Implement Oracle DB and Postgre SQL for various Production and non-production systems.
- Monitor production and non production environments, triage and resolve alerts. Perform database health checks.
- Interface with different workgroups including Tier2, Development, Technical support groups and Infrastructure to troubleshoot and resolve database issues.
- Perform database and SQL tuning.
- Develop and maintain automation playbooks, pipelines, tools.
- Implement database monitoring monitoring scripts, agents and tools.
- Deploy database and application release, patches and configurations.
- Perform database maintenance.
- Be part of 7 x 24 DBA Team.
- Provide knowledge transfer to newcomers and other team members
Required Skills & Experience:
- Oracle DBA (OCP)
- Experience with Golden Gate and DataGuard
- Experience with PostgreSQL is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Cloud Control
- Experience in implementing monitoring of the production databases.
- Understanding of ITIL
- Supporting large scale, mission critical 7 x 24 solutions
- Enterprise Linux systems administration at level to understand principles of resource allocation and monitoring, system startup sequence, system configuration.
- Understanding principles of TCP/IP, routing, application network traffic balancing and failover
- Understand principles of PKI/Certificates
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps methods;
- Experience with DevOps tools Jenkins, Ansible, Git is a plus
- Bachelor degree in computer science or mathematics
- Fluent oral and written conversant in English.
- Business-like presence
- Must be able to effectively work or tasks individually and in the cooperation with other team members and adhere strictly to stringent SLAs including mission critical applications.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex performance and stability issues.
- Ability and willingness to adopt new technologies.
- Effective and efficient communication under stressful environment.
- Telecom-OSS/BSS or eCommerce domains experience.