Employer: Netcracker Technology Corporation
Position: Senior Project Manager
Terms of Employment: Full-time / Permanent
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia
Employment Address: 3777 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5H 3Z7
Hours of Work: 40 hours / week
Benefits: Eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or salary increases in accordance with company policy. Eligible for basic medical, prescription, dental, vision, paramedical services, basic life, AD&D, STD, LTD and voluntary RRSP
Salary/total compensation up to $160k CAD
Contact: please send resumes to email@example.com and include “Senior Project Manager” in the email subject line.
As a Senior Project Manager you are primarily responsible for development; organization and control of project materials; schedules and costs for multiple to large-scale to the most complex, highly visible projects. You will function as a liaison between internal and external clients; technical staff; contractors and vendors from project conception to project completion. You may provide subject matter expertise in technical areas such as telecommunications; data communications; information systems and technology infrastructure design; administration; security; maintenance and support. You will mentor a junior project manager; influence and drive project office “best practices” and facilitate various technical steering committees. You may also manage projects from a technical perspective, either client driven or internal Netcracker driven projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Independently developing the responsibilities and specifications and resource plan for projects by identifying project phases and elements, studying project/client requirements, developing project teams, reviewing contracts and managing P&L.
- Functioning as a single point of contact for reporting project status.
- Identifying project risks and developing risk mitigation plans.
- Making recommendations for executive actions when required.
- Providing leadership for the Project Team and others, both intra- and inter-departmentally.
- Developing a schedule of activities outlining program life cycle and responsibilities that when complete will meet the business plan expectations.
- Providing fiscal management of the projects within the capital and expense budgetary limits prescribed.
- Providing workload balancing, prioritization, dependencies, and integration of multiple projects to ensure feasibility of schedule.
- Overseeing the development of each aspect of the program/project resolving the most difficult work problems. Providing solutions to resolve complex operational and integration issues.
- Providing details in a summary report of the program status, including progress and completion outlook.
- Preparing briefing material and presenting overviews when required.
- Ensuring compliance with contractual agreements.
- Identifying all issues and technical aspects of the project and resolving them.
- Providing technical recommendations based on a review of operational processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related major is preferred
- 7+ years of experience with relevant telecom BSS/OSS applications including experience interfacing with senior client stakeholders on programs with annual budgets exceeding $10M USD
- 5+ years of software application implementation experience and expertise in applying technology to meet customer needs
- 5+ years of IT networking or Telecommunications experience is required
- Knowledge of Data Migration and System Integration methodologies, as well as of the Software Development Life Cycle
- In-depth knowledge of Business/Operation Support Systems generally accepted consulting techniques, methods, processes, and practices
- In-depth experience in business processes and skill in business analysis techniques
- Detailed experience with project management methodologies and associated tools
- Ability to construct/maintain a project budget and manage project accordingly
- Excellent oral presentation and written communications skills
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to travel extensively for varying periods of time.
- Native or fluent English language as a principal business communication language