Senior Cloud Engineer
If digital transformation, next-generation technology, and growth opportunities excite you, then join our Netcracker Technology team! Our culture and collaborative work environment are the keys to our success. Here you will work with the best in class global teams, earn a competitive salary and contribute to the largest digital transformations around the world.
What’s in it for you?
At Netcracker, we are all entrepreneurs. This means we get creative when thinking of technical solutions, we explore possibilities and innovations and get excited about new technology. We take complete ownership of our roles and aren’t micromanaged or left feeling like just another number. The results we achieve are highly visible to our leadership team and we are recognized for our work and promoted accordingly.
What’s the scope of this role?
You will use your entrepreneurial work ethic and competitive sales personality to identify areas where Netcracker’s technical solutions bring value to our top customers.
As a Cloud Engineer with Netcracker you will participate in the automation activities and deployment of Cloud infrastructure. This position will be part of our global IT team based in Mexico City or Sao Paulo Brazil.
- Deployment and support of OpenStack and Contrail clouds, Docker and Kubernetes environments;
- Deployment and troubleshooting of Linux and telecom VNFs into cloud environments & give consultation to development teams;
- Scripting and automating system and deployment tasks to reduce manual repetitive work.
- Management and automation of infrastructure services.
- Creating & maintaining technical documentation including system diagrams & operational procedures
What skills and experience will you need for this role?
- 5+ years relevant experience as a Linux Network/Systems administrator (not only on L1 and L2 technical support levels, but on the level 3 too).
- Linux knowledge has to be at least at a certifiable level in Red Hat (Unix knowledge is a plus). RHCSA, RHCE
- Good systems administration skills such as the ability to install and configure new physical and virtual Linux servers,
- The ability to analyze and optimize performance on a Linux server.
- Experience with scripting languages (shells, perl, python, etc).
- Experience with multipath software (iSCSI or Fibre Channel).
Will be of advantage:
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with programming languages.
- Experience with various clusters (pacemaker, Veritas Cluster, Oracle RAC, etc, mariadb-galera(mysql), rabbitmq-cluster).
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, VSphere, qemu/kvm, XEN.
- Experience with automate systems configurations such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience in OpenStack.
- Bachelor’s degree required (BS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent relevant experience).
Who is Netcracker Technology?
We are a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization, and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.