As a Network Engineer with Netcracker, you will be responsible for supporting and developing the network environments for our customer solutions. This role will involve activities related to improving the quality of IT services. You will work closely with other IT teams from across the globe.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the implementation of network environment for new customers.
- Support and development of the network environments for our customer solutions.
- Documentation of the network topology and the changes.
- Installation, configuration and support of Cisco, HPE network devices and KEMP Load Balancers.
- Troubleshooting networking issues, analysis of the root causes.
- Some travel, both domestic and/or international, will be required in the future (approximately 10-15% annually).
Experience & Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of network related experience.
- Strong working knowledge in switching and routing domains: STP, VLAN, IPv6, LACP, Stacking, VRF, PBR, GRE, HSRP, secured VTI, OSPF, BGP (iBGP, eBGP).
- Hands on experience in Cisco ASA\Firepower\FTD, Fortinet\WEB, Cisco Enterprise\Data Center Switches, Cisco Router ISR\ASR, CISCO WLC\AP, Juniper EX\QFX\SRX, MX, Fortinet\F5\Kemp Load balancer, CISCO\Juniper\Fortinet\F5 Virtual Appliance.
- Knowledge of the principles of operation and configuration Data Center Spine-and-Leaf Architecture.
- Comprehensive hands-on skills in configuration and troubleshooting of networking environment.
- Knowledge of Bash, Python, Go scripting, etc.
- Advanced level of *nix operating systems.
- Be able to identify bottlenecks and issue troubleshooting in Linux (CPU/RAM/OS parameters/Network/Disk etc.).
- Knowledge of Cloud/Virtualization Technologies: KVM, OpenStack, ESXi.
- Knowledge of architecture of modern Private and Public Clouds (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle) and using of automation tools for tasks solving.
- Knowledge of containerization (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Configuration management (CM) Ansible.
- Version control system (VCS) Git.
- Infrastructure as a code (IaaC) Terraform.
- CI/CD Software (Jenkins/GitLab CI).
- A self-developed example of documents: presentations, description of the solution architecture, technical tasks, other technical/project/operational documents.
- BS/MS in Information Systems or related major
- CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA/JNCIP R&S holder or equivalent level of knowledge required