NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER
You will be responsible for supporting and developing Network environments for our customer solutions. This role will involve activities related to improving the quality of IT services. The SIS Firewall Engineer will be a part of global Security Infrastructure Services (SIS) team at Netcracker. This individual will be responsible for managing the border and internal firewalls at Netcracker. In particular, this role specifically will be involved in maintaining the network security environment in a proprietary, isolated environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting networking security issues, analysis of the root causes.
- Installation, configuration, and support of Cisco and Fortinet firewalls.
- Implementation and administration of the Cloud security
- Maintain support of internal- and external-facing firewalls, including assigning access and maintaining firewall rules.
- Running vulnerability checks in the environment and reporting to application owners for remediation.
- Create internal and customer facing documentation, including network topology, procedures, instructions, solution diagrams, etc.
- Support internal and external audits by coordinating IT resources, and provide the auditors’ team with the requested documentation and demonstrations
- Support anddevelopment of the network security environments for our internal and customer solutions.
- Solid experience in working with various NextGen Firewalls like Cisco (preferred)/ Fortigate/PaloAlto ( Minimun 8 years).
- Good knowledge ofthe principles ofoperation and configurationof LAN/WANservices: ROUTING, IPsec, VPN, IPS, IP SLA, DHCP, LOGGING, SNMP, RADIUS, VLAN(802.1q), IPv6
- Experience working with various security tools like AlgoSec, Splunk, ELK and vulnerability scanners like Nessus.
- Good knowledge of the principles of operation and configuration of Service Provider networking: VRF, BGP
- Knowledge of the principles of operation and configuration Data Center networking: Cisco FEX, Cisco VSS, Nexus platform
- Knowledge of theprinciples ofdynamic routing protocolsOSPF, iBGP, eBGP
- Skills of configuration and troubleshooting Cisco networking environment
- Responsible and Self-motivating attitude
- High educability and systems thinking
- Some travel is required (domestic & international)
- Experience withmonitoring systems: NetFlow, MRTG, Cacti, Nagios, etc.
- Knowledgeof shell and script languages (bash, perl)
- Aself-developedexamplesof documents: presentations, description of thesolution architecture, technical tasks, other technical/project/operational documents
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related field required
- CCNP-Sec holder or equivalent level of knowledge recommended
- CCIE-Sec holder desired