Network Security Engineer
If digital transformation, next-generation technology, and growth opportunities excite you, then join our Netcracker Technology team! Our culture and collaborative work environment are the keys to our success. Here you will work with the best in class global teams, earn a competitive salary and contribute to the largest digital transformations around the world.
What’s in it for you?
At Netcracker, we are all entrepreneurs. This means we get creative when thinking of technical solutions, we explore possibilities and innovations and get excited about new technology. We take complete ownership of our roles and aren’t micromanaged or left feeling like just another number. The results we achieve are highly visible to our leadership team and we are recognized for our work and promoted accordingly.
You will be responsible for supporting and developing Network environments for our customer solutions. This role will involve activities related to improving the quality of IT services. The SIS Firewall Engineer will be a part of global Security Infrastructure Services (SIS) team at Netcracker. This individual will be responsible for managing the border and internal firewalls at Netcracker. In particular, this role specifically will be involved in maintaining the network security environment in a proprietary, isolated environment.
What’s the scope of this role?
- Troubleshooting networking security issues, analysis of the root causes.
- Installation, configuration, and support of Cisco and Fortinet firewalls.
- Implementation and administration of the Cloud security
- Maintain support of internal- and external-facing firewalls, including assigning access and maintaining firewall rules.
- Running vulnerability checks in the environment and reporting to application owners for remediation.
- Create internal and customer facing documentation, including network topology, procedures, instructions, solution diagrams, etc.
- Support internal and external audits by coordinating IT resources, and provide the auditors’ team with the requested documentation and demonstrations
What skills and experience will you need for this role?
- Solid experience in working with various NextGen Firewalls like Cisco (preferred) or Fortigate
- Good knowledge of the principles of operation and configuration of LAN/WAN services: ROUTING, IPsec, VPN, IPS, IP SLA, DHCP, LOGGING, SNMP, RADIUS, VLAN(802.1q), IPv6
- Experience working with various security tools like AlgoSec, Splunk, ELK and vulnerability scanners like Nessus.
- Good knowledge of the principles of operation and configuration of Service Provider networking: VRF, BGP
- Knowledge of the principles of operation and configuration Data Center networking: Cisco FEX, Cisco VSS, Nexus platform
- Knowledge of the principles of dynamic routing protocols OSPF, iBGP, eBGP
- Some travel is required (domestic & international)
- Experience with monitoring systems: NetFlow, MRTG, Cacti, Nagios, etc.
- Knowledge of shell and script languages (bash, perl)
- A self-developed examples of documents: presentations, description of the solution architecture, technical tasks, other technical/project/operational documents
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences or related field required
- CCNP-Sec holder or equivalent level of knowledge recommended
- CCIE-Sec holder desired
Who is Netcracker Technology?
We are a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization, and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and stay up to date on our company news.