If digital transformation, next generation technology and growth opportunities excite you, then apply to join our Netcracker Technology Team! Our culture and collaborative work environment are the keys to our success. Here you will work with the best in class global teams, earn a competitive salary and contribute to the largest digital transformations happening around the world.
What is in it for you?
At Netcracker, we are all entrepreneurs. This means we get creative when thinking of technical solutions, we explore possibilities and innovations and get excited about new technology. We take complete ownership of our roles and aren’t micromanaged or left feeling like just another number. The results we achieve are highly visible to our leadership team and we are recognized for our work and promoted accordingly.
What will be your responsibilities?
This DevOps Engineer has responsibility for the creation and improvement of Monitoring Service processes and procedures for infrastructure, system software and application monitoring of production systems and infrastructures supported by Netcracker Managed Services Operations team.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Producing new and update existing automated functional and non-functional monitoring scripts and tools
- Implement automation processes for monitoring tools/scripts including build and deployment
- Document and maintain created monitoring tools/scripts/alerts/events
- Working closely with operations and development teams, providing consultancy, outreach and training services in:
- Use of various monitoring tools and approaches
- Developing effective monitoring that cover all requirements from operations and L2/L3/L4 teams
- Understand improvement, new feature and enhancement requirements for the development teams to implement
- The Monitoring Engineer will achieve this through collaboration with the other members of the Product, Development and Managed Services Operations teams
- Analyze technical architecture of systems and applications to understand dependencies, points of failure, impacts, and external and internal interfaces, to provide monitoring recommendations for infrastructure, system and applications
- Provide outreach activities to Product, Development and Managed Services Operations teams to diagnose and facilitate resolution of monitoring bugs/issues
- Be the main point of contact for all monitoring communication ensuring that all stakeholders are aware of any monitoring developments, releases and issues to ensure expectations are managed
Experience & Requirements:
- Experience with REST APIs in a microservices architecture.
- Must have deep understanding of Kubernetes and Docker architecture and associated tools
- Experience in building processes for deploying to a Kubernetes based environment, ideally using Gitlab and Helm
- Experience with deploying and upgrading applications on Kubernetes clusters
- Ability to debug issues with Kubernetes clusters and complex applications hosted on k8s
- Experience with building and operating scalable Kubernetes clusters
- Experience with scripting and programming, such as Python, Groovy or Bash
- Experience of developing and supporting K8S CI/CD production processes
- Experience of Gitlab, Jenkins, Ansible, Helm and other related technologies
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, PostgreSQL & the ELK (Elastic) stack
- Proficiency in Docker / K8S / Containerization (Inc. Monitoring tools/Prometheus)
- Proficiency in Linux (CentOS / RHEL etc.) and Windows
- Experience working with APIGEE is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Knowledge on public cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure
- Messaging services like Cloud EMS, TIBCO EMS and Rabbit MQ
- DB: Oracle/Mongo
- Monitoring tools: SPLUNK/Argos/AD/Grafana
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other Technical Engineering discipline.
Who is Netcracker Technology?
We are a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Engage with us on LinkedIn!