If digital transformation, next generation technology and growth opportunities excite you, then apply to join our Netcracker Technology Team! Our culture and collaborative work environment are the keys to our success. Here you will work with the best in class global teams, earn a competitive salary and contribute to the largest digital transformations happening around the world.
What is in it for you?
At Netcracker, we are all entrepreneurs. This means we get creative when thinking of technical solutions, we explore possibilities and innovations and get excited about new technology. We take complete ownership of our roles and aren’t micromanaged or left feeling like just another number. The results we achieve are highly visible to our leadership team and we are recognized for our work and promoted accordingly.
What’s the scope of this role?
As a DevOps Engineer with Netcracker, you will participate in the automation and infrastructure support activities during solution deployment stage. This position will be part of our regional IT team based in Mexico City.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Work with the IT Development and other IT team members to refine and clarify requirements for development process automation.
- Implementation of CI/CD services for internal and customer projects.
- Development and support of Netcracker DevOps tools.
- Automation of deployment of microservice applications on Netcracker Cloud Platform.
- Troubleshooting of Microservice applications and components of Netcracker Cloud Platform.
- Use appropriate technologies such as Ansible, SALT, BASH, PYTHON, Jenkins, Electric Cloud etc. to perform, build and deployment management.
- Plan and deploy OpenStack cloud solution
- Maintain expertise in the area of architecture, including industry trends, strategies, and products.
- Execute Proof of Concepts on behalf of configuration management, CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous deployment) practice, assessing new products and methods, developing and implementing appropriate practices across multiple development environments.
- Design, document and help optimize the CI/CD strategies in order to reduce costs while ensuring quality.
- Effectively develop and communicate technical solutions to unique client issues.
- Identify opportunities for new business and current client expansion.
- Formation of a task to performers, control of their performance;
- Expansion and maintenance of infrastructure for development and testing;
- Automation of expansion of systems.
- Build the infrastructure
- Professional attitude and character
- Willing to work out-of-hours from time to time as circumstances dictate
- Flexible to learn new things as required to support
- Must be able to work well under extreme time constraints, high overload, stressful situations;
- Continuously help to improve tooling and technologies set.
- Ability to work closely with developers, test automation and performance specialists, release management and infrastructure specialists.
What skills and experience will you need for this role?
- 5 to 10 Years of Experience in a similar role.
- Knowledge and experience in management of containerized applications.
- Strong Experience in Linux system administration (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian);
- Experience in build or support of highly available solutions with Linux platform;
- Knowledge and experience in virtualization technologies: KVM, VMware;
- Understanding of Continuous Delivery and DevOps methods (CI/CD);
- Ansible , SALT, PYTHON and BASH programming;
- Experience in build support team and incident management team;
- Good knowledge of industrial standards of creation of the high-loaded applications;
- Experience of identification and elimination of malfunctions.
- Verbal Communication. Fluent English skills
- Ability to conduct in-depth research
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize issues
- Bachelor’s degree required (BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field)
Who is Netcracker Technology?
We are a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization, and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.