Netcracker is the worldwide leader in BSS, OSS and SDN/NFV. Learn how we partner with customers to achieve success.Read More
In a new VanillaPlus article, Paul Hughes breaks down the three key capabilities service providers need to enable truly intelligent digital engagement.
August 17, 2017
As service providers work to transform order-to-cash-to-care processes, they aim to transition from being transaction-driven providers to service "visionaries" that deliver the right services, at the right time, with a rich, proactive customer experience. If a customer engagement process is intelligent, it can increase the service provider’s permanence in its customers' minds, a necessary factor in generating new revenue streams and improving business metrics like customer lifetime value and net promoter score.
In a recent VanillaPlus article "Putting the 'Intelligent' in Intelligent Digital Engagement," Paul Hughes, Director of Strategy at Netcracker, says intelligent digital engagement cannot actually be intelligent without having the following three guiding principles work together seamlessly.
- Real-time service, system and customer data analysis to support live customer engagements and to identify and address problems for continuous improvement.
- Effective customer engagement to build successful relationships with customers and proactive communication across multiple channels such as email, social media and surveys.
- Service personalization to create targeted customer experiences that satisfy customers based on demographics, preferences and behavior.
As a result of intelligent digital engagement, service providers will be able to:
- Design, execute and dynamically improve customer journeys across channels.
- Deliver the right content, at the right time, through the right channel, to the customer.
- Engage customers proactively to deliver offers that align with their interests.
- Make informed decisions by tracking a variety of KPIs across customer channels.
- Integrate with existing IT systems using technology layers that do not disrupt the customer- or business-facing layers, but link them together more effectively.
For a deeper look at how to deliver intelligent digital engagement and the architectural principles behind it, be sure to read Paul Hughes' take in VanillaPlus.