Are you someone who enjoys working with next generation technology, interacting with global teams, and working with the largest digital transformations in the world? This opportunity will combine them all while offering a competitive salary and accelerated career growth
Join Netcracker Technology to work for a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
As the Oracle DBA you are responsible for handling capacity planning, evaluating database server hardware, and managing all aspects of the database including installation, configuration, design, and data migration. Additional responsibilities include performance monitoring, security, backups, troubleshooting, and data recovery.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Oracle DBA is viewed as an expert in the administration and support of database technology. This person is involved in complex projects that require advanced technical knowledge, leadership skills and problem solving capabilities. The incumbent will serve as the primary lead for the Netcracker HMS DBA team.
Responsibilities may include, consulting with clients (internally and externally). Leading, training and mentoring team members. The specific activities involve analyzing and understanding business/technological objectives, gathering requirements and system metrics, analyzing results, architecting solutions, and implementing solutions, performance tuning, validating results, and developing comprehensive documentation. This position will also be responsible for ongoing support of our managed services customers by performing periodic system health checks, consulting with customers to plan and implement projects, and responding to system alerts. Periodic pre-sales technical support will also be required.
Experience and Requirements:
- Installation and upgrades
- Oracle database performance tuning
- Backup & recovery
- Experience with virtualization technologies (VMware, Oracle VM, HyperV, or Xen)
- Oracle networking
- Monitoring solutions
- Automation and monitoring script development
- Job Scheduler
- Export/Import of data
- Experience with log shipping, database mirroring and clustering
- Scalability analysis/performance load testing
- Database design
- VMware installation, configuration, administration experience preferred.
- Data storage administration experience
- Oracle certifications preferred
- Graphite or InfluxDB monitoring agents
- Nagios or ICINGA monitoring systems
- Shell and Ansible scripting
- Ability to consult independently
- Willing to work cooperatively with a team, both giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to perform root cause analysis
- Able to handle concurrent tasks in multiple customer environments
- Must possess a personal drive to better self professionally and continue expanding skill set.
- Demonstrated ability to document findings and results, and present to customers
- Deliver exceptional customer service through situational leadership, great communication skills and problem solving abilities.
- This position requires being part of a 24×7 on-call support team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate information to customers and to all levels within the organisation.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field