LINUX SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
If digital transformation, next-generation technology, and growth opportunities excite you, then join our Netcracker Technology team! Our culture and collaborative work environment are the keys to our success. Here you will work with the best in class global teams, earn a competitive salary and contribute to the largest digital transformations around the world.
What’s in it for you?
At Netcracker, we are all entrepreneurs. This means we get creative when thinking of technical solutions, we explore possibilities and innovations and get excited about new technology. We take complete ownership of our roles and aren’t micromanaged or left feeling like just another number. The results we achieve are highly visible to our leadership team and we are recognized for our work and promoted accordingly.
- Provide operational support for mission critical systems in a 24x7 regime (weekly rotating shifts).
- Maintenance of hardware/software configurations for systems based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux or Oracle Linux distributions.
- Build, implement and maintain system-level software packages which are related to block devices, clustering, file management,
- backup, web applications, DNS, LDAP.
- Configure and troubleshoot applications whether third-party systems as well as in-house developed applications.
- Develop, install and maintain utility programs/scripts to manage application start, stop, end-of-day, monitoring and failure/recovery. Gather requirements and implement changes by following processes.
- Support all aspects of the project life cycle through ITIL based Configuration, Change, Service, Incident and Problem management.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years relevant experience as a Linux Network/Systems Administrator.Linux knowledge has to be at least at a certifiable level in Red Hat (Unix knowledge is a plus).
- Good systems administration skills such as the ability to install and configure new physical and virtual Linux servers,
- the ability to analyze and optimize performance on a Linux server.
- Experience with scripting languages (shells, perl, python, etc).
- Experience with multipath software (iSCSI or Fibre Channel).
- Ability to work from our local office
- Fluent English
Additional Experience (not necessary, will be an advantage):
- Experience with programming languages
- Experience with various clusters (pacemaker, Veritas Cluster, Oracle RAC, etc).
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware, VSphere, qemu/kvm, XEN.
- Experience with automate systems configurations such as Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience in OpenStack.
Bachelor Degree on Computer Science or related fields
Who is Netcracker Technology?
We are a forward-looking software company, offering mission-critical solutions to service providers around the globe. Our comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and professional services enables large-scale digital transformations, unlocking the opportunities of the cloud, analytics, virtualization, and 5G mobile networks. With an unbroken service delivery track record of more than 25 years, our unique combination of technology, people and expertise helps companies transform their networks and enable better experiences for their customers.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and stay up to date on our company news.